Women in dentistry – live Q&A for International Women’s Day
To mark International Women’s Day this Thursday, the BDA is giving current and future dental professionals the chance to chat live with a panel of female dentists and advisors about the changing face of the profession, representation and career progression.
The Facebook Live discussion will offer participants the opportunity to explore issues of interest with four dentists each at a different stage of their careers and a member of the BDA’s advisory services team. The discussion will be chaired by the Senior Managing Editor of the British Dental Journal, Ruth Doherty.
Our panel on Thursday will be:
- Sahar Aghababaie - Associate at a mixed practice, working in a hospital post, and member of the BDA Young Dentists Committee
- Ruth Doherty (session chair) - Senior Managing Editor, British Dental Journal
- Alice Duke - Foundation dentist and member of the BDA Young Dentists Committee
- Sarveen Mann- Practice owner of a private practice
- Juliet Mellor - BDA adviser
- Shivika Shah - Principal dentist and director of a mixed practice
Topics to be covered will include how to further your career, how to ensure that your contract works for you, and how you can gain and make use of your confidence and skills.
Panel Chair Ruth Doherty said: 'The number of female dentists in the UK has almost reached 50% but we know that this balance is not yet reflected at all levels and that there is still a way to go on representation at a local and national level. This International Women’s Day we will explore possible reasons behind this and also discuss how to maximise opportunities so that all dentists can make full use of their skills, expertise and potential. Please join us for this discussion online.'
The Facebook Live event will take place at 6pm this Thursday 8 March.
Author: Julie Bissett