Win an iPad Mini at Showcase
There is a fabulous opportunity for dental nurses to win an iPad Mini at Showcase this year – by supporting the Society of British Dental Nurses (SBDN).
The Society works on behalf of dental nurses and aims to encourage them to come together as a collective group and share a voice.
Through learning, application, experience and reflection, it believes the dental nurses of today will be instrumental in driving the profession forwards.
Patron Fiona Ellwood says: ‘For those dental nurses looking to join a professional group that offers advice and support when choosing the next step in their career, help in getting to grips with new ECPD regulations or simply wish to access an online member forum where they can discuss numerous topics with fellow dental nurses, then joining the SBDN is their best option.
‘We are not a trade union, we are a not for profit group with all our funds going back into dental nursing, where it matters most.’
Dental nurses who sign up to become members of the SBDN at Showcase – you’ll fine them on stand L1 – will be entered into a prize draw and one lucky person will win an iPad Mini.
Other services the Society offers include:
- Support and guidance on what makes student nurses fit to practice, and the types of behaviour that accompany this
- GDC advice on raising concerns when encountering a situation that may be putting others at risk
- Creating personal development plans, and how these will be viewed under the changing CPD regulation
- Guidance on English language controls within the dental industry
- Understanding professionalism
- GDC Guidance on direct access, and how the affects dental nurses
- Exclusive area for student dental nurses
- Access to the SBDN event calendar, listing the crucial events for dental nurses throughout the year
- Mentoring and support during difficult and stressful times
- Optional indemnity cover to members and non-members.
For more information, visit http://sbdn.org.uk.
Author: Julie Bissett