Tackling the recruitment and retention crisis
The impact of the pandemic and Brexit has created one of the biggest challenges facing NHS dentistry to date: a staff recruitment and retention crisis. With a surge of clinicians and the wider dental team feeling disillusioned with the profession, and in some cases leaving dentistry altogether for a less pressurised job, many NHS dental practices are experiencing high staff turnover and a lower than ever response rate to their recruitment advertising, which is only serving to deepen NHS dentistry access problems.
A free Dental Update webinar on Tuesday September 14th (7pm-8:30pm) entitled ‘NHS Dentistry Discussed: The Recruitment and Retention Crisis’ will feature a discussion between Nigel Jones (sales and marketing director at Practice Plan), Shawn Charlwood (chair of the BDA’s General Dental Practice Committee), Lisa Bainham (practice manager and chair of the Association of Dental Administrators and Managers) and Emma Anastasi (founder and director of Diamond Dental Staff).
Topics set to be covered include:
- What’s happening within the NHS dental landscape that has resulted in the recruitment and retention crisis
- How dental teams are feeling and their reasons for leaving the profession
- The impact this crisis is having on patients accessing NHS dentistry
- How to create a positive workplace culture in your practice and boost motivation and morale to help increase staff retention
- Ideas and expert advice on overcoming recruitment difficulties to help you find the right team members for your practice
- Predictions for the future of NHS dentistry and how this will affect the recruitment and retention crisis.
There will also be a live Q&A throughout where you can ask any burning questions you may have.
To register for this free webinar, click here.
Author: Ellen Cummings