Celebrate World Oral Health Day with your patients
World Oral Health Day (WOHD) is celebrated globally every year on 20 March. It is organised by FDI World Dental Federation and is the largest global awareness campaign on oral health.
WOHD spreads messages about good oral hygiene practices to adults and children alike and demonstrates the importance of optimal oral health in maintaining general health and wellbeing.
Each year, WOHD focuses on a specific theme and reaches out to the public, oral health professionals, and policymakers, who all have a role to play in helping reduce the burden of oral disease.
FDI relies on individual action worldwide to roll out World Oral Health Day in each country and create a truly global movement. We encourage you to use your local expertize to create awareness and roll out WOHD in your community. Whatever you decide to do, however big or small, contributes to improving the oral health of populations globally.
You can get involved by doing the following:
- Promote WOHD by adding www.worloralhealthday.org to the homepage of your dental practice
- Organise an 'open day' at your dental practice and invite people for free dental check-ups
- Submit your event to the WOHD Events Map– https://www.worldoralhealthday.org/events – for visibility
- Print the WOHD 'Dental Practice' poster– https://www.worldoralhealthday.org/resources/2019/act-mouth-health-dental-practice-poster – and hang it at your dental practice
- Print copies of the Checklists with Tips– https://www.worldoralhealthday.org/2019/good-oral-care-checklists – and distribute to your patients at your dental practice
- Use the two campaign hashtags in your promotion and join the global conversation #SayAhh #WOHD19
For resources for your practice, go to https://www.worldoralhealthday.org
Author: Julie Bissett