BADN relaunches fellow award
The British Association of Dental Nurses (BADN) has relaunched its Fellow grade of membership.
It is open to those dental nurses who have been BADN members for at least 10 years and who meet a set of specific criteria.
They can submit a portfolio of evidence for assessment that, if approved by the executive committee, will lead to the award of the BADN Fellow title and the opportunity to use of the post-nominal letters FBADN.
The submitted portfolio must contain evidence of:
* GDC registration via a dental nursing qualification
* Individual professional indemnity
* A Personal Development Plan
* A curriculum vitae
* A minimum of three post-registration additional qualifications – a combination of clinical and non-clinical qualifications is acceptable, but they must be awarded by a recognised body and relevant to the applicant's current field of practice
* Reflective practice
* Management or supervisory experience
* Teaching and/or mentoring experience
* At least one article published in the dental press in the previous 10 years
* Having conducted dental research in the previous 10 years.
More information, including application form, guidelines and criteria, and checklist are available in the members' area of www.badn.org.uk
Author: Julie Bissett